PHF Coordination and Information supports information sharing and provides a platform and mechanisms for INGOs to engage and coordinate to enhance humanitarian and development assistance. PHF maintains an established in-country network of more than 60 International NGOs (INGOs) working across all areas of Pakistan. The PHF is a forum constantly striving to enhance information sharing and coordination with its membership and with external stakeholders, including the Government of Pakistan (GoP), donors, national NGOs and UN agencies.
PHF collects, analyses and disseminates relevant information to members on the humanitarian and development situation in Pakistan. Information collection, production and dissemination provides INGOs with the most up-to-date information to support programming.
PHF supports NGO collaboration and coordination through regular meetings of INGOs, including general meetings and thematic coordination meetings on specific topics. Coordination meeting, together with collection of certain data sets on INGO operations and programming enable PHF to internally position the membership on key priorities and issues.
PHF regularly collects relevant data on issues of interest to the membership in order to engage on issues which support principled humanitarian and development assistance.
PHF, through the membership and Secretariat, supports and provides consistent representation of INGOs at key coordination and policy meetings. In Pakistan, coordination takes place through a number of coordination forums and meetings. For humanitarian coordination, this is known as the Humanitarian Coordination Architecture. Coordinating with the government as well as through donor and UN humanitarian coordination mechanisms (such as the Humanitarian Country Team) is critical for effective preparedness, assessment, and response that supports principled humanitarian and development assistance. PHF serves as a unified, representational body for INGOs, to address emerging issues and to bring existing field presence/expertise to bear on policy developments and planning discussions. To read more about PHF representation in coordination and policy for a click here.
PHF holds regular donor briefings to engage the donor community on specific priority issues of mutual interest, as well as regular thematic meetings with government counterparts.
Some regular activities of PHF Coordination and Information include:
- Collection, analysis and dissemination of information on the humanitarian and development operational environment in Pakistan;
- Preparation and coordination to enable a rapid and coordinated response of the membership at the onset of new emergencies;
- Plotting of INGO programming across Pakistan;
- Data collection from PHF members on NGO operations;
- Regular general and thematic coordination meetings and working groups with PHF members;
- Internal positions of the PHF membership to guide common approaches and principled action;
- Representation of PHF Members at coordination meetings with government, donors and the UN;
- Regular liaison with government and donor agencies to facilitate constructive dialogue.